Who Should Attend
- Channel Partners/Resellers
No prerequisites are necessary. However, learners are expected to have a working knowledge of computer software, Windows navigation, and the ability to understand concepts of voice and computer system operation.
After completing this course the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager v6.0, the administrative options for the range of IP phones, and their special functions.
- Connect an IP phone, modify DCHP settings, and configure IP and VLAN settings.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to add users, phones, and Cisco IP Communicator to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database using manual configuration, auto registration, or the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)
- Identify Cisco Unified Communications Manager BAT characteristics and components.
- Configure End User Web Access, and select devices including Call Forward, Speed Dials, Cisco IP Phone Services Subscription, Personal Address Book.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to enable features and services to include conferencing, music on hold, speed dials, Call Park, Call Pickup, Cisco Call Back, Barge, Privacy, Cisco IP Phone Services.
- Demonstrate understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Extension Mobility operation and configuration.
- Understand the difference between On-Net and Off-Net calling, and provide an overview of Gateways and Trunks.
AUCM teaches administrators how to perform the most frequently requested administrative tasks for installed Cisco IP telephones and users, using Cisco Unified Communications Manager v6.0
- Course Introduction
- Understanding Cisco Unified Communications Administration Options
- Introducing Cisco Unified Communications Endpoints
- Connecting End-User Devices
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager to support IP phones
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager BAT
- Configuring End User Web Access and Device Control
- Configuring User Features
- Implementing Extension Mobility
- Basic Dial Plan Configuration
- Remote Monitoring and Troubleshooting IP Phones